So this week was my first week...and I have to admit, it wasn't what I expected. But God is teaching me things, I guess...It's been interesting. I got moved in and settled in. Within being in my city for 2 days, I had wrecked my car...and not just "got in a wreck" but totalled my car. It was a sad day. And sometimes I wonder about why God allowed that. I'm a poor student who can't afford to get another one and is now totally dependent on other people to really be able to function. I had all these grand plans for my freetime. And now I am stuck on campus or at the mercy of my fellow students. And sometimes, I couldn't help but ask why.
And as I prayed, I felt God telling me that it's time for me to learn some humility...I can't take care of myself... I can't meet all my needs. Instead, I have to trust God to meet them and I have to be willing to humble myself to let others meet my needs. And I have to realize that my plans are not always God's plans. In this situation, He has such a better plan than I do.
After that, I found out that the class that I had been looking forward to soooo very much was cancelled and suddenly, I had a new class that I wasn't prepared for and kind of made me feel inadequate, ill-prepared, and honestly, slightly fearful. But God reminded me that once again, His ways are higher than me...and I can do all things through Him.
From the first week, it should be an interesting semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment