Friday, January 21, 2011

school...week 2

So I don't have internet at home and I have to rely on internet here at school...so blog entries will be few and far between. I've decided I'm going to shoot for every Friday...we'll see how it goes.
This week was a great beginning. I've kind of found myself frustrated because I'm not working so I feel very, overly free...but I think it's been good. I've been digesting my time overseas...trying to figure out what has changed, what hasn't changed and what's next for me. I'm working through what He taught me overseas and now I'm trying to figure out what He is trying to teach me next.
And I'm not going to lie...I think that He purposefully gave me a season with no job and a slightly light load so that I can concentrate on Him. Because truth is, that's why we are here. I feel Him drawing me to him...through a FANTASTIC roommate who challenges me beyond belief, through relationship from people overseas and getting to "see" what's going on, but not really see it, through meeting crazy people who have done crazy things for Him. 1 week here and I already feel like the scumb of the universe who is surrounded by giants of the faith. And I think that is good. I'm coming to grips with my sinfullness and feeding off the crazy faith of those around me. It's been awesome. When I was overseas, I was challenged. And I returned home only to be challenged again.
Last night we had a dinner of world-wide proportions...ok, maybe just worldwide cuisine. We ate food from Germany, Central Asia, Romania, Korea, India, and even a little from America. And we fellowshiped. We talked about the various countries and told stories about cultural differences. And it was great. Really great. Just a time of fellowship and friendship and great food.
This morning, my heart was again pulled eastward, though, as I had a fantastic discussion with one of my best friends over there. And I had to once again thank the Lord for technology that allows me to remain connected to people who are so far away.
And today, only moments ago, I met someone from the country I was just in! And it made me so, so, so excited to get to talk to him about my country and hopefully we will get to meet again sometime soon.
So, yes, it was a good first week...now I only have to decide how I am going to get all my reading assignments done...hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment